Wheels by the week
Learn more about vehicle offers that allow you to drive on your own terms, with no long-term commitment.
Start earning today
Get a car for a week or longer with weekly costs starting at $130.
All car options include maintenance and roadside assistance to help keep you safe and on the road.
Drive as much as you want without any additional fees, even for miles you drive while off app.¹
How to get a car to drive with Uber
View your car options
Once you're approved as a driver, you can view your car options.
Reserve a car
Make a reservation with one of our vehicle offer partners.
Getaround - short term
Available in San Francisco Bay Area*
- $5/hour, first 14 consecutive hours are free
- Low-commitment option with no minimum time, no contracts, and easy pickup/dropoff
- Ideal for first-time drivers or drivers in need of a car immediately
- Book and pick up in as little as 15 minutes
- Requires a valid debit or credit card
- Requires a valid Facebook account to sign up and log into Getaround
Hertz - weekly
Available in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, Orange County, San Antonio, and San Francisco Bay Area*
- $214/week, $200 one-time deposit (refundable)
- Great if you don't have a car and you need something low commitment
- Option to renew week-to-week
- Yours to drive on your personal time, day or night, 24/7
- Must be age 25 or older
- Requires a debit² or credit card
- Requires a soft credit check if you use a debit card (this won't affect your credit score)
Fair - long term
Available in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Inland Empire (CA), Los Angeles, Nashville, Orange County, Philadelphia, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area, and Seattle*
- As low as $130/week after a $500 Start Payment (non-refundable after 3 days)
- Choose from hybrids, high-MPG cars and more with no long-term contract
- Unlimited miles, routine maintenance, roadside assistance and vehicle warranty included
- Ideal if you plan to drive with Uber for 10 weeks or more
- Must be age 21 or older
- Requires a bank account or credit card
- Requires a credit check
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.
¹ Insurance limited for off-app driving. See rental agreement for details.
² Debit cards not accepted in Massachusetts
*Availability in cities subject to change.