Helado. Aisukurīmu. Crème glacée. Sorvete. No matter how you say it, ice cream is delicious in every language. There’s a shared love for this frozen treat — one that transcends seasons, borders, and cultures. That’s why one day every year Uber brings the ice cream to you — no matter where you are. It’s that time of year again — #UberIceCream is coming to over 400 cities on Friday, July 15th.
While Uber is not available in New York State, we’re coming to the Capital Region, Utica, and Buffalo on July 15 to deliver ice cream on demand to local residents.
Residents can request ‘Ice Cream’ in the Uber app on Friday, July 15 from 11am–3pm for the chance to have 3 chocolate covered ice cream bars (and some other goodies) delivered to them for free. See below for how to indulge with us.
How it works:
- Open the Uber app between 11am–3pm in the Capital Region, Utica, or Buffalo. Don’t have the app? Download it here for iPhone or Android and set up an account
- Tap the ‘Ice Cream’ icon the bottom right corner of the app
- Set your location and tap ‘REQUEST’
- If a car is available, you’ll be indulging in 3 ice cream bars in minutes! (Sharing is optional)
In addition, we’ll be posted up at the restaurants below, so come by, say ‘hi’, and enjoy some free ice cream at the end of your meal.
- Capital Region: Little Peck’s | 211 Broadway, Troy, NY 12180
- Utica: Lukin’s Brick Oven Pizza | 640 Varick Street, Utica, New York 13502
- Buffalo: Dinosaur Bar-B-Que | 301 Franklin Street, Buffalo, NY 14202
We’re only here for one day, to give local residents in Upstate cities a taste of what Uber can offer their city, with delicious ice cream.
So join us for a global ice cream social on Friday. Indulge a sweet treat with your friends and share with the #UberIceCream hashtag!
Visit ubr.to/icecream2016 to get the full scoop.