uberPOOL is our economical and affordable ride sharing option that matches you with other riders coming from the same area, heading in the same direction, at the same time. With uberPOOL, you’ll be able to share your ride and save up to 50%, while getting cars off the road.
HOW IS uberPOOL DIFFERENT from other Uber ride options?
uberPOOL works just like uberGO, with a few differences that help make it a cheaper option:
- When you enter your destination and request a trip, the app automatically matches it with other rides heading in the same direction.
- Each rider can have only one destination and you can’t change your pickup location or destination after you request.
- The driver will only wait for a maximum of 2 minutes at every pick up location.
- Because you may be sharing your ride with others to save on fares, your ETA will be slightly higher than usual.
- Once you’ve been matched with a co-rider, you’ll receive a notification with that rider’s name and who’s being picked up first.
- For every booking you can request a ride for up to 2 people from your Uber app.
HOW DO I BOOK AN uberPOOL RIDE?
uberPOOL relies on the same convenient, safe, and reliable uberGO ride you know and love.
- Request: Open your app and enter your destination via the ‘Where to?’ section to get the upfront fare and estimated time of arrival.
- Ride: You may be matched with another rider travelling along a similar route. Picking up additional riders may add a few more minutes to your trip, but this guarantees a cheaper fare.
- Relax: Sit back and relax – whether you’re matched with other riders or not, you’ll still pay up to 50% less!
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
The quoted fare you’re shown before you request is guaranteed whether you’re matched or not— so you always know how much you pay. Your fare is automatically calculated based on the destination as well as the likelihood of getting matched given the time of day and location of your request.
DOES DYNAMIC PRICING APPLY TO uberPOOL?
Yes. uberPOOL fares are estimated in relation to uberGO rates. When dynamic pricing kicks in on uberGO, prices are also adjusted accordingly on uberPOOL. That said, uberPOOL will still always be cheaper than uberGO.
CAN I BRING OTHER PEOPLE?
Each uberPOOL request may have a maximum of 2 riders per pickup, which you can select in the app when you request. Feel free to bring a friend!
HOW IS MY CO-RIDER CHOSEN?
Co-riders are matched according to similar pickup locations and destinations. As always, we’re always aiming to take you on the most efficient route based on your request. Once you start your uberPOOL trip, you can’t ask the driver to cancel on the other rider.
WHAT IF I DON’T MATCH WITH ANOTHER RIDER?
If there is no rider near you with a similar route, you’ll get a solo ride (just like taking uberGO), but will still only pay the guaranteed fare quoted in the app before you requested.
WHAT TYPE OF CAR WILL I GET?
You’ll share one of the vehicles that would otherwise be available on uberGO/uberX (Based on availability)
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE? WILL I GO OUT OF MY WAY?
We match riders in a way that does not significantly increase your trip time, nor take you far out of the way. You will also be shown the estimated time of arrival before you request your ride, so you’re aware of what time you’ll reach your destination. If you’re in a rush, you can also opt for uberGO!
I WAS PICKED UP FIRST—WHY WAS I DROPPED OFF SECOND?
We map the route to be the most efficient possible. That means that sometimes you will be picked up first and dropped off second, but your total trip time will be minimised.
CAN I CANCEL THE TRIP?
When you request uberPOOL, you’re making a commitment to both your co-rider and the driver. You’d be advised that the waiting time is 2 minutes on POOL. Cancellations damage both of their experiences, so please don’t leave them hanging! You’ll be charged a cancellation fee*
CAN I CHANGE MY DESTINATION OR PICKUP LOCATION? REPORT ISSUES WITH uberPOOL
Because we use your pickup location and destination when matching you with another rider, you cannot change either once you’ve requested the trip.
REPORT ISSUES WITH uberPOOL
Similar to the other Uber products, simply navigate to help.uber.com and write to us there. We’ll be happy to help!