- 15-year-old vehicle or newer
- 4-door vehicle
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding
Uber accepts both official and temporary registration documents. The vehicle does not need to be registered in your name to qualify.
All partners must maintain their own insurance policies in accordance with state and local laws. In addition, Uber maintains automobile liability insurance on behalf of all U.S. partners.
Vehicle options in DuBois
Most newer cars qualify to drive with uberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders.
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening passenger doors
- Have 5 factory-installed seats and seat belts
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No vans, box trucks, or similar vehicles
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or other marked vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- No aftermarket seating modifications, such as installed seats, seat belts, or BedRyder systems
Uber vehicle decals
The Uber decal must be displayed in your windshield when picking up and dropping off at the airport. Place it on your front passenger windshield facing outward.
Once you become an Uber partner, we will mail you a decal. You should receive it within 7 business days. If you ever need a new decal after you become a partner, you can request a new one be mailed to you. You can also pick one up at your local Greenlight Hub.
Need a temporary decal? Print one at home here.
*Drivers signing up with a subcompact vehicle may not be eligible for all incentives or promotions. This does not affect drivers’ eligibility for referral rewards or guaranteed signup earnings. Ineligible models include the BMW i3, Chevrolet Aveo, Chevrolet Aveo5, Chevrolet Sonic, Chevrolet Spark, Chevrolet Metro, Fiat 500, Ford Fiesta, Honda Fit, Honda Insight, Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio, Mazda2, Mini Cooper, Mitsubishi Mirage, Mitsubishi Mirage G4, Nissan Versa, Nissan Versa Note, Pontiac G3, Toyota Prius C, Toyota Yaris, and Toyota Yaris iA.