Driver requirements details
There are a few minimum requirements to meet before you can sign up to drive with Uber:
- Meet the minimum age to drive in your city
- Have at least one year of licensed driving experience in the US (3 years if you are under 25 years old)
- An in-state license is required
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle
For your next step, share the following documentation:
- A valid Washington driver’s license
- Local regulations require that all TNC operators must have a valid Washington driver’s license unless they provide documentation that they are a non-resident active duty member of the military or the spouse of such an active duty member of the military. (ii) To provide evidence of your status as a non-resident active duty member of the military or a spouse of such an active duty member of the military, please fill out this form to schedule an appointment to validate your status.
- Proof of residency in your city, state, or province
- Proof of vehicle insurance if you plan to drive your own car
- A passing vehicle inspection form.
- Find out more about vehicle inspections here
- A driver profile photo - Here's how to take a valid photo.
It's easy to get started
1. Sign up
Tell us about yourself and your car, or get a car if you need one. Vehicle requirements vary by region, so we’ll show you what’s needed.
2. Share required documents
Next, submit copies of your license, registration, and proof of insurance, plus some information for a background check.
3. Get the app and go
Once you’re on the Uber platform, log in to the app and you can start making money.
More ways to earn
Grab your bike, scooter, or car and boost your earnings by making deliveries with Uber. Enjoy a flexible schedule and quick earning potential all while cruising around town.
The material provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.
Car service cities
Jobs by city
Charter bus rentals