Driver requirements details
There are a few minimum requirements to meet before you can sign up to drive with Uber:
- Meet the minimum age to drive in your city
- Have at least one year of licensed driving experience in the US (3 years if you are under 23 years old)
- Have a valid US driver’s license
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle
For your next step, share the following documentation:
- A valid Washington driver’s license
- Local regulations require that all TNC operators must have a valid Washington driver’s license unless they provide documentation that they are a non-resident active duty member of the military or the spouse of such an active duty member of the military, or (ii) a non-resident full-time student. To provide evidence of your status as a non-resident active duty member of the military, a spouse of such an active duty member of the military, or a non-resident full- time student, please fill out this form to schedule an appointment to validate your status.
- Proof of residency in your city, state, or province
- Proof of vehicle insurance if you plan to drive your own car
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus; it cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
Next, submit copies of your license, registration, and proof of insurance, plus some information for a background check.
Once you’re on the Uber platform, log in to the app and you can start making money.