There are a few minimum requirements to meet before you can sign up to drive with Uber:
- Meet the minimum age to drive in your city
- Have at least one year of licensed driving experience in the US (3 years if you are under 25 years old)
- An in-state license is required
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle
For your next step, share the following documentation:
- A valid Washington driver’s license
- Local regulations require that all TNC operators must have a valid Washington driver’s license unless they provide documentation that they are a non-resident active duty member of the military or the spouse of such an active duty member of the military. (ii) To provide evidence of your status as a non-resident active duty member of the military or a spouse of such an active duty member of the military, please fill out this form to schedule an appointment to validate your status.
- Proof of residency in your city, state, or province
- Proof of vehicle insurance if you plan to drive your own car
- A passing vehicle inspection form.
- Find out more about vehicle inspections here
- A driver profile photo - Here's how to take a valid photo.