Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area)
- We’ve instituted a special driver queue system at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. The queue system only works within the designated waiting area and driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app unless there are no drivers in the waiting queue.
- The Uber sticker (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber sticker at their local Greenlight Hub.
- All pickups must occur in the Rideshare Zone, located at the inner curb by Arrivals.
How pickup requests work
Waiting for requests
In order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting lot. You will then be placed in a virtual queue. Based on the operating agreement with the airport, the waiting area is in the airport’s Cell Phone Lot, located between Ulysses Avenue and S. Sossaman Road.
Some things to know about driver queue:
- Proximity to the terminal within the queue zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue.
- If there are no driver-partners in the queue zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area—outside of the zone—based on proximity and other factors.
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber Driver app
- You drive outside the queue zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel multiple rides (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, head to the Rideshare Zone, located at the inner curb by Arrivals to pickup your rider(s).
How dropoff requests work
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off at curbside of departures. Be sure to leave your app on until you exit the airport property. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterward, you’ll need to keep the Uber Driver app on to maintain your place in the queue.