STARTING DRIVING AND EARNING WITH UBER
You still can get an FHV driver’s license in NYC! And Uber’s Fast Lane program can help you get licensed and into an FHV plated vehicle by connecting you to rental partners and fleet-owners.
For a limited time
Rent a TLC vehicle and qualify for $800¹
Offer available until December 16:
- All vehicles have TLC plates and insurance included in the price
- Weekly pricing that includes insurance and payment for the vehicle
- Once your insurance is approved, you can start driving within hours
- You must get your vehicle from a participating dealer: Buggy TLC Rentals, American Lease, Fast Track Mobility, Maven, or Tower Auto Mall
Here's how it works
Get up to $400/week in credit
- Complete 75 NYC trips a week and we'll credit your account $400 for your first two weeks
- Rent your vehicle from a participating dealer listed below to qualify
- If you start between Monday-Wednesday, the $400/week offer will start that same week
- If you start Thurs-Sun, the $400/week offer will start the following Monday (your first full week)
This chart depicts the hours that tend be busy during the week in New York City.
1 Drivers renting with a vehicle partner qualify for weekly opportunities to earn on top of normal fares as described here, but they won't be able to participate in other promotional offers, including Boost and Quest. These offers are for new driver-partners only who are first activated November 11, 2018 or after, had not yet completed a first trip in NYC before they rented a vehicle using this offer, and take a first trip by December 16, 2018. New driver-partners driving green cab are not eligible for these offers. New driver-partners driving green cabs are not eligible for this offer.
To be eligible for $800 when you start driving with Uber ($400/week), you must rent a car from a participating NYC dealer (see t.uber.com/rentnyc). Then, each week (as defined below), complete at least 75 trips originating in NYC with 75 different riders. If you complete your first trip Monday-Wednesday, your first week begins upon first trip and you have until the next Monday 4AM to meet requirements for week 1. If you complete your first trip Thursday through Sunday, your first week begins the following Monday 4AM. Disclosures: Financing available through participating NYC dealers. Uber does not provide financing. NYC driver-partners must have an active TLC license. To qualify for this program, you must enter into a payment agreement with a participating NYC dealer under which you agree to make your weekly vehicle payment pursuant to that dealer’s terms. Additional fees, which are set at the discretion of the participating dealer, may apply depending on the payment method you choose. Some participating dealers may require a deposit or the first week payment upfront. Rental returns typically require two weeks notice per the terms of the participating dealer.
Uber is not responsible for the products or services offered by the NYC dealers.