Become an Uber Black Partner
What Do I Need To Become an UberBLACK Partner in New Orleans?
- An active limo CPNC number for your vehicle
- A limo CPNC operator’s permit
- An active Uber account - LA vehicle registration, Class A-D driver’s license, and commercial insurance required to activate account
- Complete an UberBlack background check
How Do I Get a Limo CPNS (Certificates of Public Necessity) Number?
- You can find the complete CPNC application instructions online at the City of NO One Stop Shop: t.uber.com/onestop
- The application needs to be signed and notarized. It can be found:
- In-Person: NOLA Taxicab & For Hire Bureau, located on the 7th Floor of City Hall OR
- Online at t.uber.com/cpnc and then printed, submitted to the NOLA Taxicab & For Hire Bureau
- CPNC Number Application Requirements:
- CPNC Application (signed and notarized)
- An Entergy bill to prove residence in the * Greater New Orleans region for at least 6 months prior to the date of the application.
- Business plan - Sample Template: http://t.uber.com/businesspnola
- Letters of commitment from at least three prospective clients
- Applications are collected once per quarter
- Three weeks after the application deadline there will be a hearing to determine who will be awarded CPNC numbers. Please note: zero CPNC numbers were awarded last quarter. Uber does not have visibility into how many CPNC numbers will be issued going forward.
- If you are awarded a CPNC number at the hearing, you will be notified that you have 90 days to activate it.
How Do I Activate My CPNC Number?
Activating your CPNC number is a 22 step process. Here are the main pieces of documentation that need to be obtained or completed:
- Commercial Driver’s License or Chauffeur's License
- Limo CPNC Operator’s Permit:
- Complete Operator’s permit application at NOLA Taxicab & For Hire Bureau
- Background check within 1 year and drug test within 3 months
- Submit CDL or Chauffeur’s license, MVR, proof of residency, and an Employment/Line Letter
- Limo test (scheduled through NOLA Taxicab & For Hire Bureau)
- Defensive Driving certificate Online class at Metro Safety: www.metrosafety.org OR Victor Manning Driving School: t.uber.com/defensivedriving
- $40 issuance fee
- Fidelity Bond
- Commercial Insurance
- New Orleans Occupational License
- Vehicle Registration
- Approved vehicle list
- LM vehicle stickers with your CPNC number
- LM license plates (front and back) - provided by the Office of Motor Vehicles
- Vehicle inspection (scheduled through NOLA Taxicab & For Hire Bureau)
- $100 activation fee
- Occupational License:
- Complete Occupational License Application at New Orleans Revenue Department or online at http://www.nola.gov/onestop/
- Driver’s license
- $50 License Fee
- After you have activated your CPNC number and obtain your operator’s permit, you can go to partners.uber.com and signup to be an UberBLACK Partner.
Expectations of an UberBLACK Partner
UberBLACK is the premium transportation product on the Uber platform. This is a high end product and we want you to provide the best service to your customers. UberBLACK partners are professional drivers offering a premium service. Partners wearing a suit and tie or a dress shirt and slacks tend to receive the best client ratings.
Airport Pick Ups
An MSY decal is needed for any Louis-Armstrong International Airport pick ups. Please visit the Airport Ground Transportation Department at the airport or go to flymsy.com for more details
¹ This is a placeholder for legal disclaimers if you need to utilize it