- 15-year-old vehicle or newer
- 4-door vehicle
- Seats and seat belts for driver and 4 passengers
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding
- Pass a vehicle inspection
Uber accepts both official and temporary registration documents. The vehicle does not need to be registered in your name to qualify.
All drivers must maintain their own insurance policy in accordance with state and local laws. In addition, Uber maintains automobile liability insurance on behalf of all U.S. drivers.
Most newer cars qualify to drive with UberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders.
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening passenger doors
- Have 5 factory-installed seats and seat belts
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No vans, box trucks, or similar vehicles
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or other marked vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- No aftermarket seating modifications, such as installed seats, seat belts, or BedRyder systems
Cars model year 2005 or newer qualify to drive with uberX. View our list of popular models, but others may qualify.
Uber vehicle decals
Under Alabama regulations, all drivers must display an Uber decal on their vehicle while online. Place it on your front passenger windshield facing outward. You can remove it when you decide to go offline and save it for the next time. Pro Tip: keep the paper it comes with to place your sticker on when not in use.
Once you become a driver, we will mail you a decal. You should receive it within 7 business days. If you ever need a new decal after you become a driver, you can request a new one be mailed to you. Need a temporary decal? Print one at home here.