- Model year 2006 or newer
- 4-door car
- Selected 2-door cars
- Motor vehicle registration book
- PSV Insurance
- Vehicle inspection report
- Business Permit
- Partner National ID
What are you driving?
Vehicle options in Kenya
uberX is the premium ride choice in the city. Only spacious sedans and station wagons with an engine capacity above 1,300cc will be eligible for uberX trips. Note that UberSelect is no longer available.
Most popular uberX vehicles: Toyota Belta, Toyota Ractis, Toyota Corolla.
- 4-door sedan in good condition
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No full-sized vans or trucks vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- Selected cars models year 2006 or newer qualify to drive with uberX
Note: in Mombasa, at this time, we will only be onboarding new drivers for uberPOA (TukTuk).
uberChapChap is the everyday compact ride. Small hatchbacks with an engine capacity of 1,300cc or less are only eligible for uberChapChap trips.
Most popular uberChapChap vehicles: Suzuki Alto, Toyota Vitz or Mazda Demio.
- Car in good condition
- 8 years maximum age limit
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.