Get started with Uber
Driving in the UK
Already have a licence and want to get started with Uber? Make good money and choose when and where you drive. Learn what you'll need to start driving.
Make great money
Turn your car into a money making machine. The city is buzzing and Uber makes it easy for you to cash in on the action.
Drive when you want
As an independent contractor with Uber, you've got freedom and flexibility to drive whenever you have time. Set your own schedule, so you can be there for all of life's most important moments.
No car or private hire licence?
No problem. We can get you started with your private hire licence through our FREE in-person Ignition sessions. We'll connect you to partners for great finance and rental deals.
How it works
Can I become an Uber partner?
Uber partners with Private Hire Licensed drivers. When you visit us for a new partner session, you will need to bring with you all up-to-date legally required documents. This includes:
- National Insurance Number
- UK Plastic Driving Licence (original)
- Electronic Counterpart code (generate this at t.uber.com/ec)
- Private Hire Paper Licence (original + supporting documentation where conditions apply - medical letter, visa, etc)
- Bank Statement (for the bank account that will be used to receive payments from Uber, needs to be under your name or a business which you are an owner of)
- PHV Licence
- Logbook (or New Keepers slip)
- MOT (issued within the last 6 months)
- Private Hire Insurance Certificate
Find a location near you