2. Get a licence
In order to drive on the Uber app, you'll need a private hire licence from a council that Uber is licensed by. If you don't have one, that's OK - we'll help you get started with a personalised Ignition appointment where we offer advice and support after you sign up.
3. Upload your documents
Time for some paperwork. There are a few documents we need to see:
- A valid UK driver's licence. (EU driver's licence needs to be converted to UK driver's licence before onboarding)
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Private Hire Insurance allowing you to transport passengers for hire and reward.
- Bank Statement for the bank account that will be used to receive payments from Uber, needs to be under your name or a business which you are an owner of.
- Driver profile photo
Required years of driving experience will vary depending on in which city you are based.
4. Get a vehicle
Which car is right for you? Make sure it meets our standards in United Kingdom, and remember that you’ll make more money if you keep your costs low.
You can still sign up even if you don't have an eligible car right now. Check out our vehicle solutions.
5. Activate your account
If you've completed all the above steps, congratulations! You're ready to activate your account and start making money.
Register for VAT (if applicable)
It usually takes a week to complete the VAT registration process. This page walks you through the basics.
To get specific advice about your personal circumstances, you should consult a tax advisor.
Please note that this is applicable only when your turnover from your activities exceeds the VAT registration threshold.
Points policy for Uber UK Driver Partners - How it works
Uber does not accept partner-drivers on the app who have an endorsement for any of the following driving offences listed below with descriptions and corresponding codes:
- United Kingdom
- Northern Ireland
- This policy extends to endorsements resulting from the following activities:
Get more from Uber
The information provided on this web page is intended for information purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.