Which car is right for you? Make sure it meets the vehicle requirements in Egypt, and remember that you’ll make more money if you keep your costs low.
- Model 2004 Sedan (4 doors) or newer*
- Good condition
- No commercial branding
- Vehicle certificate of registration/license
- Nacita car inspection
Note: minimum vehicle year depends on the model (e.g. for a BYD F3 the minimum year is 2007 and for a Hyundai Verna it is 2010, see vehicle lists for details)
Vehicle options in Egypt
The majority of riders choose uberX. You can use most recent models to drive with uberX in Cairo, Alexandria, Damanhour, Zagazig, Tanta, Mansoura and Hurghada.
- 4-door sedan in good condition
- Seats at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No full-sized vans or trucks
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or other marked vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
Cars model year 2004 or newer qualify to drive with uberX. See the list of preferred models. Other models may also qualify.
Charge higher fares with a luxury sedan in Cairo. See the list of preferred models. Other models may also qualify.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.