1. Driver's Licence
- 21+ years old
- Ontario G Driver’s Licence or equivalent
- Must be Ontario issued to operate in the City of Toronto
A driver's licence is required to drive with Uber. It is also required to deliver (car, not bike) with UberEATS.
2. Proof of work eligibility
Proof of work options include any of the following:
- Residency card
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship card
- Work permit
Proof of work eligibility is required to drive with Uber. It is also required to deliver (car and bike) with UberEATS.
3. Vehicle insurance
- Insurance must be in your name
- Name must be legible
Vehicle insurance is required to drive with Uber. It is also required to deliver (car, not bike) with UberEATS.
4. Vehicle registration
- Both sides of the registration are required
- Vehicle must be 2008 or newer
- Vehicle must be registered in Ontario
- Must have 4 doors. Cannot be rebuilt or salvaged
- You are not required to own the vehicle
- Vehicle can be 1998 or newer for delivery
- Vehicle registration is required to drive with Uber. It is also required to deliver (car, not bike) with UberEATS.
If you're delivering with UberEATS, your vehicle can be rebuilt.
5. Safety Standards Certificate (SSC)
Once you complete and pass a vehicle inspection, you will receive your Safety Standards Certificate.
What to do once you receive your SSC:
- Take a photo of your SSC and upload it to your Uber account
- Keep a copy of it in your vehicle while you're driving on the Uber platform
- Upload your SSC within 36 days of receiving it
An SSC is only required to drive with Uber. This is not a requirement to deliver with UberEATS.