How do uberWAV and uberX differ?
- Requires vehicle capable of loading and securing passengers using wheelchairs.
- Requires a Passenger Service and Safety (PASS) or similar certification for drivers.
- Drivers receive uberX and uberWAV trips.
- uberWAV riders require assistance and need to be strapped in, typically resulting in longer trip times.
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle.
- No certification required for drivers.
- Drivers receive uberX trips.
- uberX riders typically require minimal or no driver assistance.
How to start driving with WAV
Get a wheelchair-accessible vehicle
You can also use your own WAV or acquire a WAV through a third-party company.
Eligible WAV vehicles include: Dodge Grand Caravan, Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, Ford Transit Connect, Mercedes-Benz Metris, Chrysler Town & Country, Nissan NV200, Toyota Pilot, and other properly retrofitted WAVs.
Hit the road with WAV
Open the app, and you’ll start receiving UberX, UberXL, and WAV trips.
¹ These offers are available only for those partners who obtain relevant WAV certifications. All trips must be in a qualifying wheelchair-accessible vehicle. Unless otherwise stated, all incentive offers will be valid from October 29th, 2018, to January 7, 2019. Check back often for updates and future promotions.
The $600, or $500, or $400 weekly incentive is not subject to an Uber service fee. It will be earned if you complete a minimum of 80, or 65, or 40 trips respectively in one week in a WAV and will be paid the following week. Weeks are defined as (Monday 4:00AM - Monday 3:59AM CT). The trips must be completed in a qualifying wheelchair-accessible rental vehicle but need not be uberWAV trips.
The additional $10 per completed uberWAV trip applies only to uberWAV completed trips (completed trips where rider specifically requests uberWAV). This incentive will be paid the following week as a miscellaneous payment on the partner payment statement.
We reserve the right to withhold or deduct payments that we determine were in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of driver terms or these terms. Terms subject to change.