Uploading your documents
To drive using the Driver app, you are required to upload certain documents to get your account set up. Refer to the information below when uploading each document.
- Driver's license
- State regulations require TNC drivers to have an in-state Nevada Driver's License (with limited exceptions). Regulations prevent TNCs from accepting Driver Authorization Cards or Military IDs.
- Vehicle insurance and registration
- Background check
- Vehicle inspection form
- Profile photo
- Nevada Business License
- We are only able to accept business licenses on behalf of individuals or on behalf of registered LLCs if the driver's name is present on the LLC’s certificate.
Tips for uploading your documents
Following these suggestions and rules when uploading your documents can help the process go smoother.
Make sure all required details are clearly visible
Ensure that your document contains all required details before uploading. The entire document should be clearly visible.
Upload your driver's license first
This will speed up the approval process when we need to cross-check your license with other documents.
Upload one image or PDF at a time
You can go here to get more information about uploading your documents through the Driver app.
Submit original documents only
We do not accept photocopied documents, so please make sure you only upload originals.
It may take up to 48 hours for your documents to be reviewed and verified.
Nevada and Clark County business licenses
Need help applying for your Nevada business license? Follow the steps below to set up your account in SilverFlume, the state's business registration system.
We are only able to accept business licenses on behalf of individuals or on behalf of registered LLCs if the driver's name is present on the LLC’s certificate.
Need help applying for a Clark County business license? Learn more about this document's requirements below.
Nevada business license
Here's how to create your account in SilverFlume:
Before you begin
Make sure you have these things handy before you register for your Nevada business license:
- Business name (this can be your own name if you’re the only person in your business)
- Credit card or other form of payment
Once you register for an account
- Activation link: After completing the registration form, you'll be sent an activation link to the email address you input. Click the activation link and log in to proceed further with the business license application process.
- My Dashboard: Log in to your account, go to your dashboard, and click on Click Here to Get Started.
- Quick Start: Unless your business has been registered before, click on Register my Business.
Registering your business
Step 1: Type of business
Select Yes to start a new business. You will then be asked to select the type of business you want to set up. Many drivers will choose to select Sole Proprietorship (meaning you're the only person in your business).
Step 2: Calculate my checklist
Click on Start to continue your application for the Nevada business license.
Applying for a Nevada business license.
1. Enter your legal name.
2. Enter a physical address within Nevada and a mailing address.
3. If you’d like to apply for an optional business name that's different from your business' legal name, go to the Fictitious Firm Names/DBAs ("doing business as") tab.
4. Review the Declaration & Signature tab, and complete the electronic signature to continue your application.
5. Make sure the filing information in the Review tab is accurate. You'll be charged to amend the filing to correct errors.
Purchasing your Nevada business license
- From your dashboard, click Checkout Now to purchase your business license.
- Review your cart and click Proceed to Checkout.
- Hover and click on Choose a Payment Option. Proceed by entering your payment details and clicking on Review Order to purchase your license.
- After successfully purchasing, your business license will be located in the Documents tab. Your document will be available for 60 days from the purchase date. You may want to keep your business license (or a copy) in your vehicle so that you'll always have it with you when you're on the road.
Clark County business license
Learn more about the local license requirements.
Acquiring the county business license
Clark County requires all independent contractors driving for a transportation network company or a delivery service to obtain a Clark County driver business license with the Clark County Business License Department.
Driving at LAS with a business license
Starting November 1, 2018, drivers who pick up or drop off riders at LAS (McCarran International Airport) without a valid Clark County business license will be subject to citation. To make sure you’re covered, you can register for a Clark County business license online.
Nevada business license
Before applying for a Clark County driver business license, all drivers in Nevada must register with the Secretary of State.
Frequently asked questions
- Where do I go to register for a business license?
- What is the cost of the Clark County business license?
Effective May 1, 2019, fees for new applicants will include a non-refundable application fee of $45, in addition to the regular $25 license fee. The $25 license fee is renewable annually.
- What should I enter as my business name if I have a sole proprietorship?
If this is a sole proprietorship, enter the first and last name of the owner.
- What should I enter as the NAICS code?
- What should I put as my business location if I don't have an office?
If you are not operating your business out of an office, you can use your home address if you are sole owner of the property.
- Is this a purchase of a business currently operating in Clark County?
- Have I complied with the provisions of NRS 244.33505 industrial insurance?
Yes, industrial insurance is not needed as Uber provides on-trip insurance.
- Where can I get more information?
- Are LLC businesses accepted?