How referrals work
You could earn more money by inviting friends to drive with Uber. If you invite them and they complete a certain number of trips in the time allotted, you earn an extra amount.
Looking for delivery info?
The basics of referrals
The app makes it easy for you to invite friends to drive with Uber directly from your contact list. Send a personalized text message or trigger an invite email in seconds.
1. To invite people you know to sign up for Uber, share your invite code, which you can find in your app.
2. You can track your friends’ progress in the Driver app. We’ll also follow up with an email to keep you posted on their status.
3. Earn a reward if your friend completes a certain number of trips and meets all other conditions. The required number of trips and referral reward amount vary by city. You can find details on potential rewards for each invitee in the Driver app, once your friend signs up.
4. After your friend completes the specified number of trips and satisfies the requirements of the referral offer, you'll see a reward added to your account, and it will appear in your statement the following week.
Want to learn more about the Uber Referral Program?
How to invite friends in a few simple steps
1. Go to your Driver app and tap the menu icon.
2. Tap Earnings > Invite and earn > Learn more.
Tap Select from contacts, then choose a contact, and tap Send invites.
Knowing people who might like driving with Uber is just the beginning. Here are a few easy ways to help your friends sign up.
Checking in with your friend
In the app or driver dashboard, tap or click Remind, and you'll be prompted to send your friend a text or email reminding them to finish signing up or start taking trips.
Sharing on social media
Social media is a great way to get the word out to friends and people you know who may be interested in driving with Uber. You can reach your entire network in seconds. To do it in the app, go to Earnings, then Invite and earn, and tap Learn more. Tap Send invites and select Facebook or Twitter icons.
Frequently asked questions
- How much money can I make?
Referral rewards vary by city. You can look up the reward offered in your city in your app.
- Can I refer someone in a different city?
Yes, you can. As long as your invitee signs up to drive in the same country as you and completes the required trips in the time period allowed, you can earn the referral reward offered in that city.
Referral requirements vary by city, so if your invitee signs up in a different city and completes the required trips and meets all other conditions of the referral offer, you’ll receive the referral incentive for the city they signed up to drive with Uber in, rather than the city you drive with Uber in.
- How do I refer someone on desktop?
Go to your driver dashboard to share your referral signup link on social media or send invites to any email address or phone number. It’s best to make sure you have your friend’s consent to do so.
- How do I know if my friend received their invitation?
You can track the progress of your friends as soon as they sign up.
- What if my friend is having trouble signing up?
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.
Car service cities
Jobs by city
Charter bus rentals