- Vehicle must be 2008 (58 / 08) plates or newer
- 4-door car with a minimum of 5 seats
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding
Vehicle policies and conditions
- TfL Age & Condition Policy: Vehicles presented for first licensing in London must not be more than 5 years old from date of first registration and must have a Euro 6 petrol or diesel engine, or a Euro 4 petrol-hybrid engine. If you'd like to know more, you can read TfL's requirements here.
- Imported vehicle policy: We accept imported versions of any vehicle on the London Vehicle List. All imported vehicles must possess all the vehicle documents listed in the below section (see ‘Vehicle Documents’ below).
- Estate Policy: For uberX we accept Estate versions of every vehicle on our approved list (i.e. we take the Skoda Octavia which means we also take the Skoda Octavia Estate). However, we DO NOT accept ANY Estate vehicles on UberEXEC or UberLUX.
- We accept manual and automatic transmission vehicles, however we recommend automatic transmission as this makes for a smoother and easier driving experience for the rider and partner-driver.
Vehicle options in London
Most newer 4-door sedans qualify to drive with uberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders. Vehicles must be able to seat 4 riders, in addition to the driver.
Seat extra passengers—and get higher fares—with your high-capacity vehicle. They must seat at least 6 riders in addition to the driver.
All vehicles must be 2008 (58 / 08) plates or newer. Many SUV vehicle models qualify to drive with uberXL. See our list of popular models, but others may qualify.
Superior executive quality and style. Mid-tier luxury vehicles with high quality service. All UberEXEC vehicles must be 2014 (64/14) plates or newer and seat at least 4 riders in addition to the driver.
Onboarding for uberEXEC is currently paused.
The ultimate luxury style and experience. All UberLUX vehicles must be 2014 (64/14) plates or newer and seat at least 4 riders in addition to the driver.
Onboarding for uberLUX is currently paused.
Wheelchair accessible vehicles are converted vehicles that allow wheelchair users to remain in their wheelchairs as they ride.
Vehicles that are not accepted
Before purchasing vehicles for the Uber app, please make sure they are not on this list. These vehicles will not be accepted on the Uber app.
Vehicle doesn't qualify?
Find out more ways to get on the road
¹ Uber reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend this vehicle list of Vehicle Requirements and/or Accepted Vehicles at any time. ² Legal disclaimer