Your tax questions, answered
We know tax season can be stressful. There are tools available to help make filing your taxes more simple and affordable. Let's get started.
Find answers about
- Important dates and deadlines
- Your tax documents
- Perks and offers from TurboTax
- FAQ and additional resources
Uber does not provide tax advice and is not responsible for third party offers, products and/or service. We recommend that you seek guidance from a qualified tax site or service like TurboTax or contact an independent tax professional for additional answers to tax questions. If you’d like to learn more, the IRS website has information about both the 1099-K and 1099-MISC.
Your tax timeline
- By January 31, 2019: Tax documents, including tax summaries and 1099s, will be available on partners.uber.com for drivers who opted to receive documents electronically. 1099s will be mailed to drivers who did not opt in for e-delivery
- April 15, 2019: Deadline to file Federal and State tax returns or an extension with the IRS and applicable states
Your tax documents
There are 3 types of tax documents you could receive from us:
- Tax summary: An unofficial tax document produced by Uber and provided to every Uber driver and delivery-partner. Your tax summary includes a breakdown of annual earnings and business-related expenses that may be deductible.
- 1099-K: An official IRS tax document that includes all on-trip gross earnings. Not all partners will receive a 1099-K. Only drivers who made more than $20,000 in customer payments and provided at least 200 rides or deliveries will receive a 1099-K. See the IRS website for more information.
- 1099-MISC: An official IRS tax document providing a summary of promotion, referral, and other miscellaneous payments for the year. Only drivers and delivery-partners who received $600 or more of these types of payments will receive a 1099-MISC.
Your TurboTax offers
Free and easy filing or expert help on-demand with TurboTax
You can take advantage of the perks available to Uber driver-partners provided by Intuit, including free filing and discounted access to tax support. Special offers from Intuit will be listed in your driver dashboard at partners.uber.com on the Tax Information tab.
Additional tax resources
Need more help? You can see a full list of available resources and answers to FAQ.