uberWAV provides affordable rides in wheelchair-accessible vehicles, where available.
We’re committed to developing solutions that support everyone’s ability to easily move around their communities. Help your community and earn money, when you drive with uberWAV.
We’re currently piloting uberWAV in a handful of cities in the U.S. and Canada with plans to expand to more cities soon. Right now uberWAV is available in:
- New York City
- Washington, D.C.
How do uberWAV and uberX differ?
- Requires vehicle capable of loading and securing passengers using wheelchairs.
- Requires a Passenger Service and Safety (PASS) or similar certification for drivers.
- Drivers receive uberX, uberXL*, and uberWAV trips.
- uberWAV riders require assistance and need to be strapped in, typically resulting in longer trip times.
*for eligible vehicles
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle.
- No certification required for drivers.
- Drivers receive uberX trips.
- uberX riders typically require minimal or no driver assistance.