uberWAV provides affordable rides in wheelchair-accessible vehicles, where available.
We’re committed to developing solutions that support everyone’s ability to easily move around their communities. Help your community and earn money, when you drive with uberWAV.
Why drive with uberWAV?
When driving with uberWAV in Washington, D.C., you'll:*
- Keep the Uber Service Fee with uberWAV
- Receive an additional $220 per week, when you complete 55 trips
- Receive an additional $13 per completed uberWAV Trip
- Receive uberX, uberXL, and uberWAV requests
Serve your community
There are 3 million people in the U.S. and Canada who use a wheelchair every day, and many don’t have access to reliable transportation. To help solve this problem, drivers can lease wheelchair-accessible vehicles to offer convenient transportation to people in their community who use wheelchairs.
Learn about helping people in wheelchairs and scooters.
How do uberWAV and uberX differ?
- Requires vehicle capable of loading and securing passengers using wheelchairs.
- Requires a Passenger Service and Safety (PASS) or similar certification for drivers.
- Drivers receive uberX, uberXL*, and uberWAV trips.
- uberWAV riders require assistance and need to be strapped in, typically resulting in longer trip times.
*for eligible vehicles
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle.
- No certification required for drivers.
- Drivers receive uberX trips.
- uberX riders typically require minimal or no driver assistance.
*These offers are available only for those partners who obtain relevant WAV certifications. All trips must be in a qualifying wheelchair-accessible vehicle. Unless otherwise stated, all incentive offers will be valid from July 2, 2018, to August 27, 2018, only. Check back often for updates and future promotions.
The $220 weekly incentive is not subject to an Uber service fee. It will be earned if you complete a minimum of 55 trips in one week in a WAV and will be paid the following week. Weeks are defined as (Monday 4:00AM - Monday 3:59AM ET). The trips must be completed in a qualifying wheelchair-accessible vehicle but need not be uberWAV trips.
The additional $13 per completed uberWAV trip applies only to uberWAV completed trips (completed trips where rider specifically requests uberWAV). This incentive will be paid the following week as a miscellaneous payment on the partner payment statement.
The 'keep the Uber Service Fee with uberWAV' incentive applies only to uberWAV completed trips. The 'keep the Uber Service Fee with uberWAV' incentive is calculated as the sum of Uber Service Fees on your uberWAV trips completed in the previous week (Monday 4:00AM - Monday 3:59AM ET); these payments will be added to the partner payment statement as a service fee repayment in the miscellaneous payments section. Booking Fee is excluded.
We reserve the right to withhold or deduct payments that we determine were in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of driver terms or these terms. Terms subject to change.