Per airport regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that you may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area)
- We’ve instituted an Eligibility Zone at Paine Field Airport. Entering the Eligibility Zone, allows drivers to enter a virtual queue to receive upcoming trip requests. Driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app.
- The Uber sticker (trade dress) must always be displayed on the vehicle’s windshield for airport trips. Driver-partners can pick up this sticker at their local Greenlight Hub or fill out this form the form to have it delivered to them.
Helpful tips for airport trips
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
Pickups at the airport
How pickup requests work
Receiving trip requests from riders leaving the airport work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
In order to receive a trip request, driver-partners are required to enter a designated waiting area, also known as the Eligibility Zone. Upon doing so, Driver-partners are placed in a virtual queue to receive trip requests.
Some things to know about Eligibility Zone:
- Proximity to the terminal within the zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue.
If there are no driver-partners in the zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the zone - based on proximity and other factors
You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel a ride (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, the pickup location at the airport at the P2 parking lot. Use of this parking lot outside of picking up riders, is prohibited by the airport.
Drop offs at PAE
How drop off requests work
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off in front of the terminal, located at 3308 100th Street SW Everett, WA 98204. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterwards, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on and open in order to maintain your place in the queue.