- Country Resources
- Helping riders who are blind or low vision
Helping riders who are blind or low vision
You can usually help people with low vision by offering to guide them to your car. Some people may not need or want that assistance.
Guiding a rider who has vision loss
Try offering your arm to guide the person to the car. Be descriptive about what you're doing and what’s around you, including obstacles like curbs or stairs. Service animals must be transported in accordance with the law and Uber’s Service Animal Policy.
What about service animals?
Riders who are blind or have low vision may have service animals with them. It's important to let service dogs in your car—they are allowed to go wherever their owners go.
- Offer to guide the person to your car
- Describe where you are and what's happening
- Avoid guiding a rider without their permission
- Avoid preventing a service animal from getting in your car