How to drive with Uber
Uber is a great way to be your own boss and earn extra cash. Most folks are eligible to drive on the Uber platform—here’s what you need to know.
Anybody can drive with Uber, although there are a few minimum requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have at least one year of licensed driving experience in the U.S. (3 years if you are under 23 years old)
- Have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle
Before hitting the road, share the following documentation:
- A valid U.S. driver’s license
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit and in-focus and cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
After signing up, take a few minutes to start a screening online. It’ll review your driving record and criminal history.
Hit the road
It's easy to get started
Sign up in minutes
Tell us about yourself and your car. Vehicle requirements vary by region, so we’ll show you what’s needed.
Share required documents
We’ll need copies of your license, registration, proof of insurance, and some information for a screening. You will also need to provide a vehicle safety inspection. Get more details here.
Get the app and go
Once you’re on the platform, simply log in to the app and start earning money.
More ways to earn
Grab your bike, scooter, or car and boost your earnings by making deliveries with Uber. Enjoy a flexible schedule and quick earning potential all while cruising around town.
Ready to make money?
The first step is to sign up
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.