On Monday, August 20 and Tuesday, August 21, the Maui Greenlight Hub will be open 10am - 5pm. Online support will still be available to you at help.uber.com, and 24/7 phone support will be available through the Uber Driver app.
- Driver Guide
- Vehicle requirements
Does your vehicle qualify to drive with Uber? Most four-door cars do, but requirements vary by vehicle option. And if you don't have a car, we can help you get one.
- 15-year-old vehicle or newer
- 4-door vehicle
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding
- No taxi/neon color paint jobs - yellow, orange, bright green, pink, etc.
- No after market and manufacturer paint jobs and no decals
- Pass a Hawaii Safety Inspection
Uber accepts both official and temporary registration documents. The vehicle does not need to be registered in your name to qualify.
All partners must maintain their own insurance policy in accordance with state and local laws. In addition, Uber maintains automobile liability insurance on behalf of all U.S. partners.
Vehicle options in Maui
Most newer cars qualify to drive with uberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders.
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening passenger doors
- Have 5 factory-installed seats and seat belts
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No vans, box trucks, or similar vehicles
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or other marked vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- No aftermarket seating modifications, such as installed seats, seat belts, or BedRyder systems
A step above the everyday.
- Model year 2009 or newer
- Body style: 4 full, independently opening doors
- Seating: Must have seats AND seat belts for driver and 4 passengers
- Leather or vegan leather interior required
- No cosmetic damage or missing pieces
- No commercial branding or taxi color paint jobs
- No large passenger vans or commercial/heavy duty trucks
- No salvaged vehicles and/or rebuilt vehicles