- 15-year-old vehicle or newer
- 4-door vehicle
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding
Uber accepts both official and temporary registration documents. The vehicle does not need to be registered in your name to qualify.
All partners must maintain their own insurance policy in accordance with state and local laws. In addition, Uber maintains automobile liability insurance on behalf of all U.S. partners.
Vehicle options in Eastern Idaho
Most newer cars qualify to drive with uberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders.
Please note that subcompact vehicles may not be eligible for all incentives.*
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening passenger doors
- Have 5 factory-installed seats and seat belts
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No vans, box trucks, or similar vehicles
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or other marked vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- No aftermarket seating modifications, such as installed seats, seat belts, or BedRyder systems
*Drivers signing up with a subcompact vehicle may not be eligible for all incentives or promotions. This does not affect drivers’ eligibility for referral rewards or guaranteed signup earnings. Ineligible models include the Chevrolet Aveo, Chevrolet Sonic, Chevrolet Spark, Fiat 500, Ford Fiesta, Honda Fit, Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio, Nissan Versa, Nissan Versa Note, Pontiac G3, Toyota Prius C, and Toyota Yaris.