You help keep communities moving
We're finding new ways to support you.
Drivers and delivery people like you are working hard to keep communities running. You deserve strong support—from your communities, from your government, and from Uber. We’re finding new ways to increase the support you receive, including working with government officials to help you get access to financial relief for lost earnings you may be eligible for, and providing you with access to more opportunities to earn.
Uber is a great way to be your own boss and earn extra cash. Most folks are eligible to drive on the Uber platform—here’s what you need to know.
Driver requirements details
There are a few minimum requirements to meet before you can sign up to drive with Uber:
- Meet the minimum age to drive in your city
- Have at least one year of licensed driving experience in the US (3 years if you are under 23 years old)
- Have a valid US driver’s license
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle
For your next step, share the following documentation:
- A valid US driver’s license
- Proof of residency in your city, state, or province
- Proof of vehicle insurance if you plan to drive your own car
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus; it cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
After signing up, you can complete a screening online. It will review your driving record and criminal history.
It's easy to get started
1. Sign up in minutes
Tell us about yourself and your car. Vehicle requirements vary by region, so we’ll show you what’s needed.
2. Share required documents
We’ll need copies of your license, registration, proof of insurance, and some information for a screening. You will also need to provide a vehicle safety inspection. Get more details here.
3. Get the app and go
Once you’re on the platform, simply log in to the app and start earning money.
More ways to earn
Grab your bike, scooter, or car and boost your earnings by making deliveries with Uber. Enjoy a flexible schedule and quick earning potential all while cruising around town.
Rent a car
Need a car? Get one at an affordable rate. Check out options that are available exclusively to Uber partners.
The material provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.