You're moving what matters
We're building new ways to support you.
Drivers and delivery people like you are working hard to keep communities running. You deserve strong support—from your communities, from your government, and from Uber. We’re finding new ways to increase the support you receive, including working with government officials to help you get access to financial relief for lost earnings you may be eligible for, and providing you with access to more opportunities to earn.
Opportunity is everywhere
Make the most of your time on the road on the platform with the largest network of active riders.
Why drive with Uber
Set your own hours
You decide when and how often you drive.
Get paid fast
Choose how and when you want to cash out.
Get support at every turn
If you have questions, you can reach us anytime.
Earn on your terms
Earn anytime, anywhere
Fit driving around what matters most. Drive at any time and on any day of the week.
Here’s what you need to use the Driver app
- Meet the minimum age to drive in your city
- Have at least one year of driving experience
- Clear a background check
- Valid driver's license
- Proof of residency in your city, state, or province
- Insurance if you plan to drive your own car
- Submit documents and photo
- Provide information for a background check
- Find out if your car is eligible, or get a car
Protection on every trip
Each trip you take with the Uber app is insured to protect you and your rider.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I drive with Uber in my city?
- What are the requirements to drive with Uber?
- Is the Uber platform safe?
- Do I need my own car?
Certain requirements and features vary by country, region, and city.
¹Uber is not responsible for the products or services offered by other companies, or for the terms and conditions (including financial terms) under which those products and services are offered.