Driver ResourcesUber is always available. So whenever you’re ready to drive, all you have to do is open the app and tap Go Online.
How to download the Uber Driver App
You’re in control with Uber—you could say that we put you in the driver seat. We designed an app with drivers in mind, building features that help you decide how, where, and when you earn.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s download the app and get started.
Downloading the Driver App
The driver application can be downloaded to your personal device by navigating to the http://t.uber.com/drive-now URL in your phone’s web browser (Safari or Chrome). Either click on this link while you’re on your phone, or type into your phone’s web browser address bar.
Available in Google Play Store and Apple Store
You can also download the driver app by going to the Google Play Store and searching for “Uber Driver”
Within the Apple Store, search for "Uber Driver" for quick downloading.
Once you have downloaded the app and it’s finished installing, make sure to tap “ALLOW” when asked to allow “Uber Partner” to access your location while using the app. This is the only way you will be able to receive trip requests!Download the app from your phone
Requirements to download the Driver App on your iPhone or AndroidYou can currently use the driver app on your iPhone or Android device.
The driver app can be installed on iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, and 6+ running iOS 9.3 or later.
You can also download the driver app on any Android device that is 2013 or newer and runs version 4.4 or higher.
How much data does the Driver App use?The short answer here is that it all depends. Normal use of the driver app consumes about 2-3 GB of data per month. You will obviously use less data if you plan to work part-time.
We recommend choosing a data plan that allows for at least 3 GB of data use per month to avoid unexpected charges from your carrier. Better to be safe than sorry!
Trouble downloading the App
Are you having trouble downloading the app? Let’s get technical!
iPhone / iOS
- If you’re having trouble downloading the Uber app on your iPhone, use the Safari app to visit http://t.uber.com/ios.
- For errors including “unable to get secure connection to server” we recommend force-closing Safari by double tapping the home button. Swipe up on the Safari app to close. Tap the home button again to return to the home screen. Reopen the Safari app and try again.
- Still having trouble? You can also try clearing your browser cache. Open the Settings app > Safari. Tap and confirm “Clear History and Website Data.”
- If your device displays an error like “unable to get secure connection to server”, try closing your browser app by tapping your device’s Menu button and swiping right on the browser app.
- Still having trouble? You can also try clearing your browser cache. Tap the menu option within the browser (typically this is an icon of 3 squares in the upper right corner). Then head to Settings > Privacy & Security and select Clear Cache. Please note this will delete any saved passwords and browsing data.
Ready to partner with Uber? The first step is to sign up