Check that your document is correct
- We require you to upload an Insurance Certificate or Temporary Cover Note. We cannot accept any other document here (e.g. policy schedule, confirmation letter).
- Your insurance policy must cover you for Private Hire and/or for the carriage of passengers and goods for hire or reward by previous booking (or similar).
- We cannot accept policies covering Public Hire, Hackney Carriage or Business use of the policyholder.
- Your insurance policy must be valid and current.
- If your insurance does not have both your name and vehicle registration listed on it, you will need to upload supporting documents at the same time.
Check the details on your document are correct
If any of these details are incorrect, your document will be rejected.
- Your name must match the name on your DVLA Plastic Driving Licence.
- The vehicle registration must match the vehicle registration on your V5C Logbook and the vehicle on your Uber profile.
- The vehicle’s make and model must match the vehicle’s make and model on your Uber profile.
Adding a new vehicle to the app?
Click on the +ADD VEHICLE button in the top right of the vehicles tab on your Partner Dashboard.
Take a good photo of your document
Make sure that the whole document is visible in the photo. If we can not see all edges of the licence, your document will be rejected.
The image must not be blurry.
The following must also be visible in the photo:
- Insurance company logo
- Security code (if present)
- All text on the document
Please remember that the number one reason that documents are rejected is because the image is not clear, or all four edges of the document are not visible. Please follow these instructions to make sure it doesn't happen to you!
Do you need to submit additional documents?
If your name or vehicle registration does not appear on your insurance certificate, we will need you to upload additional supporting documents to show that you are insured to drive the vehicle.
We will need you to submit one (or more) of the following:
- A Hire Agreement (vehicle rental contract from your hire company)
- A Permission Letter (a letter from the vehicle owner or hire company permitting you to drive the vehicle) Vehicle Schedule (a list of vehicles covered under an insurance policy)
- Driver Schedule (a list of individuals covered under an insurance policy)
You will need to submit these documents at the same time as you submit your insurance certificate.
Learn how to upload your documents
Learn how to manage your documents directly through the Uber Partner app.