Here's how to get yours
In order to drive with Uber, you must obtain a free Portland business license. Follow these simple steps to obtain yours.
Step by step
Upload to your account
Follow these steps or visual guide to get your free business license
- Step 1 Click here to access Portland's Revenue Division page and create an account.
- Step 2 Select "New Business Registration" and click continue on the What would you like to do page.
- Step 3 Click "continue" on the Avoid Duplicate Accounts page.
- Step 4 Leave the "Preliminary ID number" box blank and click "Continue" on the Enter Preliminary ID page.
- Step 5 Select "Sole Proprietorship" and click continue on the Business Entity Type page.
- Step 6 Select today's date and click continue on the Select Business Start Date page.
- Step 7 Enter your contact information and click continue on the Enter Primary Contact Information page.
- Step 8 Enter your name and social security number (make sure to include the dashes) and click continue on the Enter Business Owners page.
- Step 9 Enter your address, select "81 - Other Services", and enter "Private Driver" or "rideshare" as the business activity description, and click continue on the Edit a Location page.
- Step 10 Verify your mailing address and click continue on the Verify Mailing Address page.
- Step 11 Review your information and click "Agree" on the Review and Submit Registration page.
- Step 12 Take a screen shot of the confirmation page and upload it to your account.