As of April 1, 2019, we are not accepting new for-hire vehicle driver sign-ups in New York City, due in part to new TLC regulations.
How do uberWAV and uberX differ?
- Requires vehicle capable of loading and securing passengers using wheelchairs.
- Drivers receive uberX, uberXL, and uberWAV trips.
- uberWAV riders require assistance and need to be strapped in, typically resulting in longer trip times.
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle.
- No certification required for drivers.
- Drivers receive uberX trips.
- uberX riders typically require minimal or no driver assistance.
How to start driving with uberWAV
Get a wheelchair-accessible-vehicle
You can also use your own WAV or acquire a WAV through a third-party company.
Eligible uberWAV vehicles include: Dodge Grand Caravan, Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, Ford Transit Connect, Mercedes-Benz Metris, Chrysler Town & Country, Nissan NV200, Toyota Pilot, and other properly retrofitted WAVs.
Opt in to receive uberWAV trips
Let us know so you can start receiving uberWAV requests and special promotions.
Hit the road with uberWAV
Open the app, and you’ll start receiving uberX, uberXL, and uberWAV trips.