Wheelchair accessible vehicles
uberWAV allows riders with accessibility needs to request wheelchair-accessible vehicles (WAV) right through the Uber app. When riders select the WAV option, they're connected with vehicles equipped with ramps or lifts.
How do uberWAV and uberX differ?
- Requires vehicle capable of loading and securing passengers using wheelchairs.
- Requires a Passenger Service and Safety (PASS) or similar certification for drivers.
- Drivers receive uberX, uberXL, and uberWAV trips.
- uberWAV riders require assistance and need to be strapped in, typically resulting in longer trip times.
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle.
- No certification required for drivers.
- Drivers receive uberX trips.
- uberX riders typically require minimal or no driver assistance.
How to start driving with uberWAV
Get a wheelchair-accessible-vehicle
You can also use your own WAV or acquire a WAV through a third-party company. Eligible uberWAV vehicles include: Dodge Grand Caravan, Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, Ford Transit Connect, and Chrysler Pacifica.
Opt in to receive uberWAV trips
Let us know so you can start receiving uberWAV requests and special promotions.
Hit the road with uberWAV
Open the app, and you’ll start receiving uberX, uberXL, and uberWAV trips.
Invite your friends to uberWAV
Referring people you know to drive with Uber is a great way to make extra money when you’re off the road, and when you invite friends who drive wheelchair accessible vehicles, you can earn a $500 reward when they take their first 40 Uber trips.