- are at least 21 years old,
- hold an unrestricted SA licence and have held a full Australian licence for at least 6 months in the last 2 years,
- can provide supporting documents.
Signing up with Uber in Adelaide
1. Create and setup an Uber account
It’s free and quick!
Upload documents to your profile, including
- driver’s licence
- passport or birth certificate
- Driver Accreditation (if you have one)
2. Get accredited for rideshare driving
To drive in Adelaide using the Uber app, you’ll need a Driver Accreditation (DA)
To get a DA, you’ll need to
- pass a Working with Children Check
- get a Certificate of Fitness after passing a medical check
Visit our Get a License page for more information on the accreditation process.
3. Add a vehicle to your account
The final step is adding your car information to your account, including
- Having your car inspected
- Uploading your Third Party or Comprehensive insurance policy and picking up a sticker as proof of upgrade
If you don’t have a car, or if it doesn’t meet Uber’s requirements, you can rent one in the Uber Marketplace
Why drive using the Uber app?
Make money on your own terms
Whether you’re supporting your family, saving for something big, or simply like the idea of being your own boss, driving with Uber is a flexible way to make some extra money when it suits you.