In this video, you’ll learn about:
- Accepting a trip
- Finding your rider
- Picking up your rider
In a quick follow-up video, learn about:
- Navigating with the Driver app
- What to do during a trip
- Dropping off your rider
How to start receiving trip requests
1. When you’re ready to drive, just tap Go. The app will start looking for requests from riders near you.
2. You’ll see the destination and fare upfront, so you’ll know where a trip will take you and what you can expect to earn. If the details look good, tap to confirm the trip.
3. You can navigate to your rider any way you choose. The Driver app offers navigation as an option.
4. Once you’ve picked up a rider, slide the start trip button. You can navigate to their destination any way you or your rider want.
5. When you reach the destination, slide the complete trip button.
Here are a few other tips offered by drivers and riders that you might find helpful.
Using the app to contact a rider
Accepted a trip but can’t find your rider? The app lets you call or send a text to them.
Doing a quick name check
Drivers often greet riders by their rider’s name to avoid picking up the wrong person.
Tapping the map
Anytime you want to see an overview of the whole route, you can tap the map to zoom out.
Navigating with your favourite app
Your Driver app has a built-in map and directions, but you can also navigate with other apps while driving with Uber.
To set your preferred navigation app, tap the menu icon in the upper left corner. Then tap Account, App Settings, and Navigation.
A guide to stopping on the road in London
Did you know that when operating as a private hire driver in London you are exempt from certain parking & stopping regulations? Whether you are a new driver or one with a wealth of experience, we recommend having a read through the quick guide below as it can help avoid penalties when out on the road.
- Where to pick up and drop off?
- Where partner-drivers are NOT allowed to pick up /drop off?
- A few timely exceptions
- Bus lane rules and restrictions
- Waiting in Restricted areas
- What to do if you receive a PCN (Penalty Charge Notice)?
- How to obtain trip details?
- My PCN appeal was rejected. What can I do?
- I am not the owner of the vehicle, but received a PCN whilst using the car. What do I do?
- Who can issue a PCN?
- Where can I find more information?
Frequently asked questions
- What if my rider is acting unsafe or rude?
- How do cancellations work?
- How do I stop getting ride requests when I’m done driving?
- What if I get a request that’s too far for me to drive?
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.
¹ Information supplied has been sourced from guidance published by Transport for London at https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/taxis-and-private-hire/parking-information
*It is your responsibility to adhere to all road rules and regulations. Uber takes no responsibility for inaccurate or out-of-date information.