Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! This holiday season, we’re teaming up with Goodwill® again to make donating easier.
It can be tough finding time to make it to your local donation center during the holidays, so we’re bringing Goodwill® to you. If you’ll be in Boston, New York City, or San Francisco on Tuesday, November 25, you can request a free, on-demand donation pickup of the clothes you no longer need.
“During this season of giving, your donations create jobs and help fund Goodwill’s employment, job training and other community-based services for people in your community,” said Jim Gibbons, president and CEO of Goodwill Industries International. “We are grateful for our donors, especially during this busy winter season, for taking the time to donate and help people build their careers and care for their families.”
– Jim Gibbons, president and CEO of Goodwill Industries International
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bag up your gently worn jackets, shirts, pants, blouses and any other items of clothing you’re willing to donate.
- Open your Uber app on Tuesday, November 25.
- Request GIVE at the bottom of the screen.
- An SUV will arrive to pick up your gently used clothing and drop off your donation to a local Goodwill free of charge.
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- Drivers will arrive at your requested pick-up location. Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended, so we ask that you bring your bagged clothing out to meet your driver when they arrive.
- Click your city below for important information.
NEW YORK CITY
- Donation requests will be available in Manhattan from 2pm – 8pm.
- Riders who donate should email Goodwill NYNJ to receive a tax-deductible receipt.
- Include the following information in your email: Name, Address, Phone #, Date of Pickup, Location of Pickup, # of Bags, Itemized List of Donations.
- Donation requests will be available in the SF 7×7 from 10am – 5pm.
- Riders who donate can create an account on SFGoodwill.org and request a donation receipt.
- Donation requests will be available in Boston area from 9am – 3pm.
- Riders who donate can download a donation receipt from GoodwillMass.org.
Since Goodwill will be coming to you, use this as an opportunity to donate more than just a few things. Go through your closets and find everything you and your family no longer wear, then add it to the bag — or bags!
It’s the giving season and we expect there to be high demand, so please be patient. If you’ve already cleaned out your closet or if the promotion isn’t happening in your hometown, you can still help your local Goodwill® by making a monetary donation here.
Goodwill® helps people who are striving to earn paychecks, build their careers, support their families and build stronger communities. By donating, you’re helping Goodwill® put people to work. Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving!