Marathon Monday is one of the city’s proudest days of the year, and as the Official Ride of the Boston Marathon®, we’ve put together a guide with everything you need to know about the event.
On Monday, April 15, there will be a number of road closures in Boston. Most roads should be open again by 8pm that evening, but knowing which roads will be closed in advance can help keep your trips as smooth as possible.
Here is a list of the major closures scheduled for April 15:
- 5am – 7pm Charles St, adjacent to the Boston Common
- 6am – 8pm Boylston St, between Hereford and Arlington Streets
- 8am – 7pm All streets east of Massachusetts Ave (as well as Massachusetts Turnpike Exit 22)
- 8am – 7pm All streets west of Massachusetts Ave in the Kenmore Square/Audubon Circle area
- 8:30am – 7pm All streets in the Brighton area leading to the route
More road closures and traffic information can be found here.
Preferred pickup spots
To make driving on Marathon Monday as seamless as possible, you can use these preferred pickup spots along the race route:
- Boston: Near the finish line, it’s recommended to pick up riders north of the race route on Comm Ave, and riders south of the route on Columbus Ave
- Brookline: The Uber app will guide you to preferred pickup locations at Coolidge Corner and Washington Square
Your riders will be directed to meet you at these areas if they are close to one. And, as always, you can use your Uber in-app navigation to find your rider.
Power up for Race Day with Uber
Come join us at Uber’s Road to the Race tent in Copley Square on race weekend. We’ll be gearing up for the Marathon with Equinox-led pre-race sessions, cold pressed juices from Pressed, a sign-making station, and more! Please note that parking around the tent will be limited.
Our Saugus Greenlight Hub will be open throughout the weekend to answer any questions you may have. If you don’t have time to stop by the Greenlight Hub, you can always use in-app phone support.