Horsham vehicle requirements
Drive with Uber in Horsham
Does your vehicle qualify to drive with Uber? Most 4-door cars do, but requirements vary depending on the vehicle option you choose. If you don’t own a car, we may be able to connect you with a vehicle solutions provider.
All cars driving with Uber in Victoria must be:
- In excellent working condition
- No older than the maximum age for the Uber vehicle option chosen
- A 4-door car or passenger van
- No more than 8-seats, including the driver’s seat
- Able to pass a vehicle inspection
- Registered and CTP-insured in Victoria
- Free from cosmetic damage and commercial branding
Other minimum rules apply to specific vehicle options.
All vehicles driving with Uber must be covered by compulsory third party (CTP) insurance, and have at least third-party property damage insurance. To drive with uberX, you also need to be listed on the car’s property damage insurance policy, even if you are not the vehicle owner or main policyholder.
These are the vehicle options and requirements in your city.
Most newer cars qualify to drive with UberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders ‑ an everyday ride at an affordable price.
- Are ANCAP 5-Star rated, or fall under our vehicle exemption policy
- Are in excellent working condition, with no cosmetic damage
- Are registered and CTP‑insured in your State.
- Are 12 years old or less
- Have 4 doors
- Seat 4‑7 passengers plus the driver
- Have working windows and air conditioning
- Are able to pass a vehicle inspection
- Are not taxis, ex‑driving school, government, branded or rebuilt vehicles
- Some rental vehicles may be eligible to drive with UberX.