As of Friday, May 31, the Uber Greenlight Spot at 7250 S Cicero Ave has permanently closed.
When driving at ORD, Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving O'Hare airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Uber’s technology uses a driver queue zone. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area, located within a zone. You will then be placed in a virtual queue where you will be able to receive a trip request.
The waiting area designated by the airport is located off Balmoral Ave (see map below). Additionally, there is a second waiting lot located at the intersection of Mannheim and Montrose. Upon approaching the secondary lot, ORD requires drivers to stay in the left lane of the road. This lot is to be used only in the event the primary waiting lot, located on Balmoral Ave, is full. To see both waiting lot locations, see this map, provided by ORD.
Once you accept a trip request, navigate to the selected pickup location at the airport (see map below). The pickups are located:
Once you reach the pickup location, please avoid bus pickup zones, do not block the curb, and yield to emergency vehicles.
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off at Departures. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterward, you’ll need to keep the Uber Driver app on to maintain your place in the FIFO queue.
We've also launched the Re-Match feature at ORD. Re-Match allows driver-partners who just completed an airport dropoff the possibility of receiving a pickup request without having to go to the waiting lot.
Once you drop off at the airport, you may head toward the TNC waiting area to wait in the designated driver queue for an airport pickup request. You may receive a Re-Match request during navigation to the waiting lot though a Re-Match is not guaranteed. Airport regulations prohibit loitering in the terminal area. Idling at the curb may result in a citation from airport authorities.
1. Getting your car ready: Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule: Checking the arrivals schedule at Chicago O’Hare International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See ORD ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional: While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!