Uber is making it quicker and easier to get around your local area.
You will need to download the latest version of the Uber app to be able to see the Local cab product.
How it works
- Open the Uber app the usual way
- Enter your trip details
- Choose Local Cab from the drop down
- An estimate from a local cab operator is displayed
- When you make your request, Uber will locate a local cab operator for you to book with, and send them your contact details to help you complete the trip
- The local cab operator will accept your booking and provide your trip
Staying up to speed
Your booking will be made with a local operator, but you will receive the driver and vehicle details in the Uber app as usual once the booking has been confirmed. You will also get the driver’s ETA and the local operator’s number, so you can contact them if needed.
Clear costs, easy payment
The local cab operator provides the fare estimate and sets the cost of the trip. Cashless payment is made via the app as usual.
- Is the cab I’m getting an Uber?
No, your booking is made with a local cab operator and so your driver and vehicle will be provided by them. You’ll receive the driver and vehicle details via the Uber app when you confirm your booking, along with a driver ETA and the local operator’s number so you can contact them if needed.
- Who sets the cost of my trip?
The local cab operator sets the cost, and cashless payment is made via the app as usual.
- Will Uber be charging local operators to use this product?
Uber will be taking a small service fee on each Local Cab trip.
- Is the pilot open to the general public?
Yes, anyone who opens the Uber app in these cities will be able to book a trip via Uber’s Local Cab option.
- Where is Local Cab currently live?
Local Cab is now live in:
- East Kilbride
- Kirkham and Lytham St Annes
- Ashton Under Lyne
- West Bromwich
- Willenhall / Walsall
- West Yorkshire
- Weston Supermare
- Stoke on Trent
- North Yorkshire
- High Wycombe
Posted by Amos Eretusi
Reasons to go Green | Brought to you by Uber Green and Together For Our Planet
29 March 2022 / London
Right to Work Check Documents
From Light to Dark: The Story Behind Dark Mode on the Android Uber App
Unified Session for Analytical Events
Limited time incentive – switch to an electric vehicle (EV) and make £700!