Your new Pullman (South Side) Uber Greenlight Hub at 853 W. 115th is now open! The new location is in the same building as the previous location, across the parking lot.
ORD Regulations for driver-partners
Per ORD regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area)
- We’ve instituted a special first vehicle in is the first one out (FIFO) system at Chicago O’Hare International Airport. The FIFO system only works within the designated, geofenced area and driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app.
- At all times, the following documents are required:
- Your Vehicle Emblem/TNP Chauffeur License on the passenger side dash
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
- TNP Trade Dress in the passenger side of your rear window. Driver-partners may also obtain this at their local Greenlight Hub.
- Before picking up at any Chicago airports, Uber driver-partners must first complete this airport quiz.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
How pickup requests work
Pickups at ORD
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
At ORD, Uber’s technology uses a first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area, located within a “FIFO zone”. You will then be placed in a virtual queue where the first driver-partner to enter will be the first to receive a trip request.
Based on the operating agreement with ORD, the waiting area is located off Balmoral Ave (see map below).
Some things to know about FIFO queues:
- Proximity to the terminal within the FIFO zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue.
- If there are no driver-partners in the FIFO zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the FIFO zone - based on proximity and other factors.
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the FIFO zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel a ride (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, navigate to the selected pickup location at ORD (see map below). The pickups are located:
- Between Terminal 1 & 2 (Departures level)
- Between Terminal 2 & 3 (Departures level)
- Terminal 5 (Arrivals level)
How dropoff requests work
Dropoffs at ORD
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with ORD, riders can be dropped off at Departures. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterward, you’ll need to keep the Uber Driver app on to maintain your place in the FIFO queue.
Helpful tips for airport trips
1. Getting your car ready: Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule: Checking the arrivals schedule at Chicago O’Hare International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See ORD ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional: While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!
With Rematch, partners will spend less time waiting for airport trips, and more time earning.
What is Rematch?
Rematch is a feature that allows any driver-partner who just completed an airport dropoff to temporarily receive a pickup request without having to go to the Staging Lot. To qualify for Rematch, driver-partners must first complete a dropoff at the airport.
Once you drop off at the airport, if you wish, you can head toward the Staging Lot to wait in the FIFO queue for an airport request. Upon navigation to the waiting lot, you may receive a Rematch request. Airport regulations prohibit loitering in the terminal area. Idling at the curb may result in a citation from airport authorities.