- How does the Uber booking fee for rideshare work with taxes?
- Do I need to register for GST and an ABN?
- How do I upload my ABN and confirm GST registration?
- Where do I find my monthly tax summary?
- Can I drive under my business name?
- Do I need to file a Business Activity Statement (BAS)?
- Do I need to pay income tax?
- How do I obtain an ABN?
- Does Uber pay tax for me?
- How does mileage work with taxes?
- How do I pay/register for GST?
- How do I calculate GST on my fare?
- What documents will I receive from Uber?
- What do the different items on the tax summary mean?
- How does the service fee work with taxes?
- What is my service fee?
- Do fares include GST?
- What expenses are deductible?
- How can I keep track of receipts/expenses?
- How do the government levies work?
- How do airport fees on ridesharing services work with taxes?
- How do tolls on ridesharing services work with taxes?
- How do incentives, referral incentives and miscellaneous payments work with taxes?
- How much tax should I pay?
- How does being registered for GST impact my other sole trader business?
- Why doesn't my Tax Summary match the amount that was deposited in my bank account?
- Which tax service or professional should I use?
- My tax advisor has questions about Uber
- I am a rideshare partner and I also deliver with Uber Eats. What service fee am I charged on Uber Eats deliveries?
- I am registered for GST and I deliver with Uber Eats? Are Uber Eats fares inclusive of GST?
- Does the Uber Eats service fee include GST?
- I have another tax question
ABN and GST registration
Find information and frequently asked questions about registering for and uploading your ABN and GST details.
How to Upload an ABN
Login into your account
Once logged in, navigate to the dashboard menu by clicking your name/icon in the top right. From the dropdown menu, select 'Partner Earnings’. From there, you will see a number of topics across the top of the page. Click the 'Invoice Settings' tab.
Enter and submit your tax details
Enter the details for your registered ABN, including Company/Legal name, address and Australian Business Number. You will also need to acknowledge the disclaimer before you submit your details. After hitting submit, you should see a green banner confirming that your information was submitted successfully.
- Do I need to be GST registered?
- I already have an ABN and am registered for GST - how do I upload these details to my Uber account?
- How do I apply for an ABN and register for GST?
- What are the benefits of registering for GST?
- Where can I find out more information?
- I only deliver using Uber Eats - should I still upload my ABN and GST registration details to my partner account?
- But I’ve uploaded my ABN to Uber before?
Australian rideshare tax requirements
Useful information, Momentum Rewards offers and FAQs to help you understand and meet your obligations.