Uber moves New South Wales. Thousands of riders request Uber every day — learn how we can help you get on the road and cash in on the action.
- Are at least 21 years old
- Hold an unrestricted NSW licence and have held a full Australian licence for at least 12 months in the last 4 years*
- Can provide supporting documents
- Can demonstrate that you have a right to work in Australia. Learn more
- Has at least 4 doors -Has a model year that is 15 years old or newer
- Is in good driving condition with no cosmetic damage
- No car? Explore rental options in the Uber Marketplace
- ANCAP 5-Star rated, or fall under our vehicle exemption policy
*NSW Point to Point Transport regulation is relaxing tenure requirements temporarily from 12 October 2022 until 12 April 2024 , after which the NSW Driver tenure licence requirements shall revert to the minimum of 12 months in the last 24 months.
Signing up with Uber in New South Wales
1. Upload your documents
The first step is to create an Uber account, it only takes a minute and you can do it online. We’ll need you to upload some documents to get started, including your driver’s licence, vehicle insurance, proof of identification, and a valid profile photo. You can do this online.
Note: If the personal documents provided in step one do not demonstrate your right to work in Australia, a VEVO check will be run on your behalf at this stage. Learn more.
2. Get authorised for ridesharing
To become authorised to drive using the Uber app in NSW, you'll need to upload a copy of your NSW driving record to your Uber profile, lodge a background check, and apply for a Passenger Transport licence code to be added to your driver’s licence.
3. Get a vehicle inspection
Your car will need to have an annual eCheck (pink slip) registration - even if it is less than 5 years old. To find out more about completing a vehicle inspection, tap the button below.
Why drive using the Uber app?
Make money on your own terms
Whether you’re supporting your family, saving for something big, or simply like the idea of being your own boss, driving with Uber is a flexible way to make some extra money when it suits you.
Our commitment to drivers
Uber is dedicated to keeping you safe on the road. Our technology enables us to focus on the safety of drivers like you before, during, and after every trip.