Rideshare accreditation in the ACT
1. Apply for Working with Vulnerable People registration
As part of ACT rideshare regulations, you will need to obtain a WWVP registration card from Access Canberra.
2. Complete a medical assessment & vehicle inspection
You will also need to complete:
- A Commercial Driver's Health Assessment at a medical centre or local GP
- An ACT Roadworthy Vehicle Inspection
3. Complete your application to Access Canberra
You will need to complete two online forms to obtain your Public Vehicle Driver Licence and Rideshare Vehicle Licence:
Driver Safety Education
In the Australian Capital Territory, you and Uber have certain legal obligations to ensure that every trip is safe and welcoming. To make sure you are aware of these obligations, you are required to complete driver safety education before you can start using the Uber Driver app.
The safety education is provided by a third party EduMe, and covers important topics such as avoiding discrimination, preventing sexual harassment, assisting riders with disability, vehicle maintenance and inspection, making sure you are fit to drive and general road safety.