[City] vehicle requirements
Uber’s minimum requirements
All cars driving with Uber in [City] must be:
- In excellent working condition
- No older than the maximum age for the Uber vehicle option chosen
- A 4-door car or passenger van
- No more than 8-seats, including the driver’s seat
- Able to pass a vehicle inspection
- Registered and CTP-insured in New South Wales
- Free from cosmetic damage (e.g. scuff marks, scratches and indentations such as hail damage)
- Free from commercial branding (e.g. graphics or wraps greater than 20cm by 20cm)
Other minimum rules apply to specific vehicle options.
All vehicles driving with Uber must be covered by compulsory third party (CTP) insurance, and have at least third-party property damage insurance. To drive with uberX, you also need to be listed on the car’s property damage insurance policy, even if you are not the vehicle owner or main policyholder. UberBLACK vehicles need to be commercially insured.
Most newer cars qualify to drive with UberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders ‑ an everyday ride at an affordable price.
- Are ANCAP 5-Star rated, or fall under our vehicle exemption policy
- Are in excellent working condition, with no cosmetic damage
- Are registered and CTP‑insured in your State.
- Are 10 years old or less (2010 model or newer as of 2020)
- Have 4 doors
- Seat 4‑7 passengers plus the driver
- Have working windows and air conditioning
- Are able to pass a vehicle inspection
- Are not taxis, ex‑driving school, government, branded or rebuilt vehicles
- Some rental vehicles may be eligible to drive with UberX.
UberEATS is a food delivery app that allows people to order food from their favourite restaurants at the tap of a button. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may be eligible to become a delivery partner with UberEATS.
Need a car? We can connect you to vehicle solutions providers who have special offers for driver-partners.