Aeropuerto Internacional John F. Kennedy (JFK)
Learn how dropping off and picking up airport riders works at JFK.
COVID-19 Ground Transportation Policy
To ensure passengers feel comfortable while traveling through its airports, the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey is requiring the below protocols be followed while operating at its airports.
Airport regulations for drivers
- Only licensed TLC drivers in New York City are eligible to receive pickup requests at the Airport.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and drivers expect. Please remember that drivers who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect drivers to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
- Drivers should only wait in the two designated staging lots at the airport.
Cómo iniciar viajes
Note: There is a limit on the number of for-hire vehicles allowed in airport waiting queues, which will vary by the time of day and level of demand.
Waiting for requests
To receive pickup requests at the airport, enter one of the designated FHV staging lots within JFK, the Cell Phone Lot or the Limo Lot (see map below). Once in the staging lots, drivers receive ride requests via a virtual first-in, first-out (FIFO) queue. Drivers can wait in either of the waiting lots and will be eligible for the same trips.
Some things to know about FIFO queues:
- Your location within the waiting lot does not affect your position in the virtual queue
- When you’re in the designated waiting areas, you'll be able to see your position in the queue and how many partners are ahead of you in the driver app
- You can lose your place in line if: you go offline on the driver app, you drive outside the FIFO zone, you do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row, or you cancel multiple rides (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
- Both waiting areas have free parking for up to 3 hours
- Parking or idling at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is strictly forbidden and does not enter you into the trip queue. Doing this may result in a citation. Uber does not pay for citations issued to drivers for illegally parking at airports
Picking up your rider
When you receive a notification you have a pickup request, follow the directions in the driver app.
As you approach the pickup area, the app will indicate your rider information and the terminal number where he or she is waiting
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pick up your rider on the arrivals level at John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Terminal areas can be crowded at times. Once you arrive at the pickup location, if you can't find your rider, message or call them through the driver app to let them know where you are
How dropoffs work
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Dropping off riders at John F. Kennedy International Airport is easy. Simply follow the in-app instructions and drop your rider off at their desired terminal on the departures level.
Note that waiting in the terminal area, parking illegally, and idling on the shoulder may result in a citation.
JFK pickup Map
Drivers may wait for ride requests at the designated staging lots, Cell Phone Lot and Limo Lot.
Consejos útiles para realizar viajes desde o hacia el aeropuerto
1) Getting your car ready
Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2) Helping with luggage
It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3) Identifying your riders
Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.