It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood to donate your gently used (and clean) sweaters.
In celebration of the 20th year of the KCTS 9 Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood Sweater Drive, you can donate your sweaters through the Uber app on Saturday, February 11 from 10am to 4pm.
Donated items will benefit Northwest Center, Wellspring Family Services, and Queen Anne Helpline, nonprofits serving Seattle and King County.
How it works:
- Bag your new or gently worn sweaters, coats, and cold-weather gear
- Open the Uber app between 10am and 4pm on Saturday, February 11
- Tap the donate option at the bottom of the app
- Type in your location and hit request
- If you’re matched, an Uber driver-partner will arrive to collect your donations and drop them off at a nearby donation center
- It’s free, and those who donate will receive a follow-up email with tax receipt info
- Available in greater Seattle area
- We can only accept clothing donations if they’re bagged
- Our driver-partners can’t leave their cars unattended. Please meet them curbside with your donations upon arrival
- While you probably have other great items to donate, we’re only accepting sweaters, coats and cold-weather gear for this drive
- Demand will be high, so please be patient
Thank you for helping us honor the legacy of Fred Rogers by donating your new and gently used sweaters and cold-weather items.