UBER LUX NIGHT OUT CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING
1. SPONSOR: Uber Technologies, Inc., 1455 Market St., San Francisco, CA 94103, is responsible for all aspects of this contest (“Contest”).
2. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF CONTEST: This is a Contest to be entered during the period commencing at 6:00 am on December 29, 2014, and ending at or before 2:00 pm on December 31, 2014(“Entry Period”). It is a Contest for you (“Contestant”) to post tweets via Twitter (“Website”) of why you want to win transportation requested via UberLUX on New Year’s Even 2014 (including thehashtag “#LUXNightOut”), with a chance to be selected as one (1) of three (3) winners among those Contestants submitting Entries (as defined below). Sponsor’s appointed judges (the “Judges”) will select the winner of the Prize by applying the Criteria (as defined below). For purposes of these official rules (“Rules”), all times and days are Pacific Time. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. The awarding of each prize is subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth below.
4. ENTRY: During the Entry Period, you may enter the Contest by posting tweets on the Website explaining why you want to win, including the hashtag “#LUXNightOut” (each, an “Entry”).By submitting an Entry, you will be deemed to accept these Rules. Only valid Website accounts (individually, “Handles”) will be accepted for registration as determined solely by the Sponsor; and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a Contestant will be disqualified if he/she creates invalid Handles with intent to affect the integrity of the Contest. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your Handle.
Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries submitted by persons who do not meet the eligible requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. The use of any scripts, computer programs, robotic repetitive, macro, automatic, programmed or similar automated entry methods or agents to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person or that person’s agents. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified or void are considered “Eligible Entries.”
5. CONTEST MATERIALS: “Contest Materials” include: (1)all information and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest, including the Entry andall other forms, contracts or releases required to be submitted by you as a Contestant, whether required by Sponsor prior to or after Entry; (2) your name, voice, likeness, image, Handle, caption and biographical data as contained in or reflected by the Entry and (3)all photographs, artwork, writings, statements, dramatic materials, ideas, quotations and any other intellectual properties created by you in connection with the Contest, whether submitted to the Sponsor or not, including the Entry. All material owned by the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s affiliated companies, including but not limited to any picture, logo, title art, etc., shall remain their property and you shall acquire no rights therein by virtue of the Contest.
Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the Contest, you hereby grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, fully-paid, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable (through one or more tiers) and transferable worldwide license to use, disclose, reproduce, transmit, display, distribute, store, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon, publicly perform and otherwise exploit the contents of the Contest Materials, in whole or in part, in all media, formats and channels now known or hereafter devised, for the duration of the rights in each country, area and space, and throughout the universe, in perpetuity and in all languages, formats and versions. Upon Sponsor’s request, you agree to assist the Sponsor in obtaining the consent for any other applications.
6. LIMITATIONS: By submitting the Contest Materials in the Contest, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that the Contest Materials and everything depicted therein: (1)do not originate from a magazine, newspaper or other commercial or proprietary source; (2)do not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any person, firm or entity;(3) do comply with the TOU and the Rules; (4)do not contain any trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork or sculptures or other material (e.g., on props, costumes, background) that would infringe any third party’s copyrights or trademarks; (5)have not previously been submitted in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means; (6)do not contain the likeness or photograph of any person other than you; (7)do not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, harassing, defamatory, libelous, infringing or otherwise objectionable or unlawful as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; and (8) do comply with the terms and conditions applicable to the Website. You further represent and warrant to Sponsor that: (a) you have all rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Contest Materials in accordance with the Rules; (b) no person or entity other than you has any right, title or interest in and to any part of the Contest Materials; (c) you are not subject to any agreement or arrangement that would interfere with your entering this Contest and granting all the rights granted hereunder or that would conflict with any other documentation required hereunder and (d)no animal has been harmed in connection with the Contest. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and remove any Contestant that Sponsor deems to be in violation of these Limitations at any time. All Entries must be received during the Entry Period. Limit of one (1) Entry per person and Handle (regardless of whether one person has more than one Handle or more than one person use the same Handle). In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person who holds the email address with which the Handle is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 4 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Neither the Sponsor, nor any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; or Entries that are altered, contain the images of more than one person, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or any printing, production, technical, electronic or other errors; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in Contestant’s email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, mechanical or human error or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified; and any Contestant who attempts to enter with multiple Handles or account or under multiple identities will be disqualified. Sponsor is not obligated to communicate with any Contestant during the duration of the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Please review these Rules and the TOU carefully; however, in the event of a conflict between these Rules and the TOU, these Rules will control.
7. PRIZE: Three (3) Prizes. Each winner (“Winner”) will be the Contestant who receives one of the three (3) highest scores based on the Criteria. Each Winner will receive complimentary rides (for up to four (4) individuals within the same vehicle) requested via the UberLUX option on Sponsor’s mobile application, from 9:00 pm on December 31, 2014, to 3:00 am on January 1, 2015, when started and completed within Los Angeles County, California, only. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are excluded and are solely the Winner’s responsibility, including cleaning fees, if applicable. All extra or overtime requests will be charged at the rate of $100 per hour. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: $500. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Any depiction of any prize is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are not transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. All Prizes will be awarded provided there are sufficient eligible Entries received and provided Prizes are validly claimed by December 31, 2014, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed Prizes awarded. Any and all federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
Optional Bonus Prizes. From time to time during the Contest, Sponsor may in its sole discretion award bonus prizes to Contestants.
8. PROCEDURE/Judging: Sponsor’s appointed Judges will select the winner of the Prize by applying the following judging criteria: 50% for creativity and 50% for originality (collectively, “Criteria”).The judging process will be completed and the Winner announced online on or before December 31, 2014. Each Winner will be selected based on the Criteria. The first Winner will be selected at 2:00 pm on December 29, 2014, the second Winner will be selected at 2:00 pm on December 30, 2014, and the third Winner will be selected at 2:00 pm on December 31, 2014. The decisions of the Judges will be final on all matters relating to the judging.
9. WINNERS: TheWinners will be notified via the Website. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within twenty four (24) hours after its mailing; (2) the return of any notice or a prize as undeliverable; (3)potential Winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within one (1) day from date of receipt; (4) potential winner’s failure to submit a requested statement of originality; (5) potential winner’s failure to submit any requested third party releases, including location and talent releases; (6) potential winner’s failure to meet deadlines; (7) potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the Handle associated with a winning Entry; (8) potential winner’s failure to validly claim any Prize within one (1) day after it is sent; (9) potential winner’s failure to authorize a background check in writing via a Background Check Authorization Form within three (3) business days after it is sent; (10) potential winner’s failure to validly claim any prize by December 1, 2014; (11) potential winner is under the age of 18; and (12)any other non-compliance with Rules, including anyone found giving false information. In the event of a Prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All guests of Winner, if any, will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to participating.
12. RULES & WINNER’S LIST: For Winners list, within two weeks after December 31, 2014, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Uber Technologies, Inc., 1455 Market St. Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94103, Attention: Legal – UberLUX Winner. A copy of the Rules may be obtained by printing this web page.