We understand that everyone has the right to ride and drive with confidence. That's why our focus is on developing technologies and finding ways to make our rides safer.
Safety is our priority
If you feel uncomfortable during your ride, you can now record the audio of the trip within the app itself.
Just click the security feature shield to access the audio recording option. Your conversation will be recorded in the app and you can choose to share it with Uber after the ride has ended.
Your privacy is protected
The other party in the vehicle will not be notified. All audio is encrypted and stays on your device. Neither drivers nor riders can listen to the recording.
Help Uber investigate
We take safety reports seriously. If you file one, our dedicated safety team will review the recording you attach.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the audio recording feature in the Uber app?
- Where can I find audio recording in the Uber app?
- When can I use audio recording?
- Who can use the audio recording?
- Can the driver / rider listen to the recording later?
- What if I don’t want to be recorded?
- Does Uber still have access to it if I don’t send it?
- Is it still recording when I’m on a call with someone else?
- Is Uber listening as the recording is happening?
- Will the driver / rider know if I’m recording?
- How much storage does it cost?
- How much data does it cost to share with Uber?
- How do I share the recording?
- What will happen after I share the recording with Uber?
- I accidentally deleted a recording. Is there any way to recover it?
- When does recording start?
- When does recording stop?
- What if I forget to stop the recording?
- Is it still recording when I’m not on / quit the Uber app?
- Where is the audio recording file stored?
- Who can listen to the recording?