Driver Partners must:
- not access Loading Zones at Sydney Airport unless they have obtained approval to do so;
- use electronic tags valid on NSW roads and registered with Sydney Airport to access Loading Zones at Sydney Airport;
- enter the designated Loading Zones for the collection of pre-booked passengers only after the passenger’s flight has landed;
- not use Loading Zones when not collecting pre-booked passengers;
- use vehicle holding areas when at Sydney Airport and not collecting pre-booked passengers; and comply with all signs, conditions of entry, rules, requirements for accreditation and laws.
Loading Zone access points
The operating procedure at Loading Zone access points is as follows:
An electronic tag reader is mounted at the entry and exit access points to Loading Zones.
The driver may approach the Loading Zone boom gate access point for entry or exit of the Loading Zone.
The boom gates will only open for entry and exit of a Loading Zone if a valid electronic tag is read and accepted by the electronic tag reader.
The driver is responsible for ensuring that the electronic tag can be read by the electronic tag reader on entry and exit, is registered with Sydney Airport, has sufficient funds and meets all other requirements for acceptance;
The boom gates may not open if: the electronic tag cannot be read; the electronic tag is not registered with Sydney Airport; there are not sufficient funds in the electronic tag account; or any other requirements for acceptance are not met (including black listing).
The driver must load passengers promptly and proceed to the Loading Zone exit point boom gates where the electronic tag reader will detect the electronic tag.
The driver must not tailgate or otherwise act improperly.
If the driver experiences any difficulties using the Loading Zones the Licensee may use the intercoms provided at the Loading Zone access points.
Driver Partners acknowledge that Loading Zones are common use facilities that require the cooperation of all users in order to operate efficiently. Accordingly, Driver Partners must:
- take all necessary steps to ensure the efficient operation of activities while at Sydney Airport; check flight information displays and respond accordingly to any changes in pre-booked passenger’s flights;
- not leave vehicles unattended at terminal frontages and car parks at any time; act professionally and courteously in all dealings at Sydney Airport;
- deal cooperatively with Sydney Airport’s staff, contractors and kerbside enforcement officers; and
- comply with any reasonable requests of Sydney Airport’s staff, contractors and kerbside enforcement officers in relation to traffic, access and parking.
How airport pickup trips work
1. Enter the virtual queue
Trips at the airport work on a virtual queue system, which means you’ll receive trip requests on a first in, first out basis. This system ensures that driver-partners who have been waiting the longest get the requests first, instead of the usual system which allocates trips to whoever is closest.
To receive trip requests at Sydney airport, you will need to place yourself in the airport queue, by heading to the SYD holding lot shown in your driver app. The holding lot is the only location where driver-partners can receive trip requests at the airport.
2. Accept a trip request and head to the pick up area
Once you are at the front of the queue, you will receive the next available trip request. In order to meet your rider, follow the navigation to the pickup area.
You will need to use your e-tag to enter the pickup area.
Pick-up area may vary depending on which product your rider has requested and which terminal your rider has requested from.
Terminal 1 & 2 Uber Premier: Riders will be able to enjoy being picked up from the designated Limo Pick-up area (kerbside). There is a Limo Pick-up area at the International and Domestic terminal.
For all Other Terminal 2 Products: Riders will be picked up from the Priority Pick-up area at Domestic Terminals (T2) and from Rideshare Pick-up area at the International Terminal (T1).
Terminal 3: All Qantas Terminal 3 Pick-ups are located at the designated Uber Kerbside pick-up location outside the domestic terminal. Watch the “How to take Sydney domestic airport T3 pick-ups” educational video HERE.
3. Locate your rider and exit the airport
Once your rider is in your car, you can begin the trip just as you normally would, following the signs to exit the airport.
Pickups at SYD