Variety is the spice of life, which is why we love giving you options! Uber is launching Flash, a new option on our app that matches you with the closest Taxi or UberX. Every second counts for us busy Hong Kongers, so we’re here to make riding more convenient for everyone.
Why choose Flash?
Convenience: just one tap to request Taxi or UberX
From now on, all you have to do is tap on the Flash feature in the Uber app to access both Taxi and UberX. We’ll bring you to your destination with the fastest and closest option.
Quality: ensuring a top-notch trip experience
To ensure quality service, all Uber driver-partners and their vehicles in Hong Kong must meet certain criteria. We also encourage drivers and riders to rate their trips to keep each other accountable. In case of lost belongings or any other issues, our team is always ready to help.
How are Flash trip fares calculated?
Trip fares are calculated the same way for both Flash and UberX.
The cost of the trip is the same between Flash and UberX. Whether you are matched with a Taxi or an UberX, your trip fare and payment method will be the same. After you’ve entered your dropoff point and selected Flash, you will see a fare estimate (including toll fees). After the ride, the fare agreed upon before your journey will be charged automatically to your credit card—a quick and convenient way to pay.
How it works
Frequently asked questions
- Can promo codes be used on Flash rides?
- Is UberX going to be available in the future?
- Can credit cards be used to pay for Flash rides?
- What Uber app services can we expect from Flash?
Notes on fares and surcharge, including toll schedule:
- Flash will follow the same UberX fare structure
- Cancellation fee of HK$20 and HK$2/minute Wait Time Fee may be charged if the driver has waited 3 minutes
- Toll: Cross Harbour Tunnel, HK$20; Eastern Harbour Crossing, HK$25; Western Harbour Crossing, HK$70; Tate’s Cairn Tunnel, HK$20; Tai Lam Tunnel, HK$48; Lantau Link, HK$15; Aberdeen Tunnel, HK$5; Lion Rock Tunnel, HK$8; Shing Mun Tunnels, HK$5; Tseung Kwan O Tunnel, HK$3; Sha Tin Heights Tunnel/Eagle’s Nest Tunnel/Tai Wai Tunnel, HK$8; free for Kai Tak Tunnel, Cheung Tsing Tunnel; Nam Wan Toll and Discovery Bay Tunnel Link (Taxi only)